The Toad Hall Story & Culture

We do things “Old School” around here, valuing all of our local growers and producers in order to trade fairly with them and, in turn, bringing you the freshest, healthiest local fruit and veges, berries, products and meals to enjoy.

Built in the 1850's T.O.A.D Hall was the original school house at the first ever school built in Motueka. The building was later donated to the Salvation Army by early settler Dr Greenwood and used as their Sunday School Hall for over 100 years. At some stage during that time it was traded with St Thomas's church and relocated to become their Sunday School Hall.

In 1998 the hall was re-located from its home at St Thomas's Anglican Church to where it sits today, Hence its name The Old Anglican Diocesan Hall.

It is important that every decision we make nourishes our people, nourishes our community and nourishes our planet.

We follow strict recycling procedures, we have co-creative staff and are working towards fully sustainable business practices.